Take steps to make your business or organisation more welcoming and accessible for people living with dementia and receive official recognition from Alzheimer’s Society.
Becoming more dementia friendly means:
- Recognising the impact of dementia and how it changes customer needs
- Considering how to support customers and employees affected by dementia
- Having a basic plan to support this work
You are NOT expected to become dementia-friendly from day one, identify customers who have dementia or ask customers difficult questions.
Why should your Business or Organisation become Dementia Friendly?
- You will have recognition of your Dementia Friendly status on our website
- Receive official recognition from Alzheimer’s Society – Dementia Friendly certificate and window sticker
- Retain and attract customers who are living with dementia and their carers
- Enhances your brand reputation to demonstrate you are socially responsible
- Your staff will be more confident with customers who have dementia, providing better customer service
It’s a simple process, all you need to do is commit to three dementia friendly actions. Once you have started work on your first action you will receive your Dementia Friendly certificate and window sticker.
We can support your business or organisation to become dementia friendly by:
- Identifying steps for your organisation to be more welcoming and accessible for people living with dementia
- Help you examine your physical environment to make changes or improvements to become Dementia Friendly.
- Provide you with information, resources, and advice on how to become recognised as Dementia Friendly.
- Signposting you to a Dementia Friends Awareness session.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Businesses and Organisations that have pledged to become Dementia Friendly in Cardiff
Find out which businesses and organisations have taken steps to be more welcoming and accessible for people living with dementia and their carers: